If your backup has partially failed due to "Query All Files permission" missing and you received an email notification about it. This is occurring because you need to enable API access in your Salesforce user profile.
Before our company's application can access your Salesforce instance you need to enable API access in your Salesforce user profile.
Please follow the steps below :
- Login to your Salesforce account.
- Click Setup at the top of the page.
- Edit Administrative Permissions for the backup admin user:
- Under Administration Setup expand Manage Users, then click Profiles.
- Click Edit for the appropriate Profile.
- Under Administrative Permissions check 'API Enabled', 'Modify All Data' and 'Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions'.
- Create a new Permission Set with Query All Files permission:
- Go to Setup, search for Permission Sets and click New above the list of sets.
- Populate Label (i.e. Query all files) and API Name fields for the new set.
- Select type of users who will use the permission set by selecting Salesforce in License field and click Save.
- Click on the New Permission Set, type App Permissions in Find Settings window and select it, then click Edit.
- Navigate to "Query All Files" under Content section. Check the "Query All Files" checkbox and click Save.
- Click on Manage Assignments at the permission set settings and then click on Add Assignments.
- Check all the users you would like to add, including backup task admin user and click Assign.