How to Log In to CloudAlly with Okta
This article shows Okta users how to configure CloudAlly’s single sign-on feature. After completing these steps, Okta users can quickly log in to CloudAlly with the Sign In or…
- with Okta button or from the Okta user’s homepage.
Before you start
To complete the authentication process, users or CloudAlly admins need to obtain the Identity provider metadata file or the URL for that file from an Okta admin.
- Go to the CloudAlly login page.
- Enter your CloudAlly email and password.
- Click the Sign In button.
- On the Homepage, click the Settings icon.
- On the Settings page, click Security.
- Click the SAML tab.
Entering Okta data
There are two ways to integrate CloudAlly with Okta.
- Enter the URL to the Okta Identity Provider metadata. Or
- Upload the Okta Identity Provider metadata certificate.
- After you enter a URL or upload the XML file, click Activate.
- Read the text in the popup window.
- Click Confirm to continue.
- The user a) acknowledges that SML activation disables email and password authentication and b) confirms all Okta users are able to log in to CloudAlly via SAML activation.
After clicking Activate, the Active state (top right corner of the screen) changes from Email & Password: Active to
Logging in with SSO
- Go to the CloudAlly log in page.
- Click Sign In with Okta.
- Enter your Okta company name.
The company domain is taken from your Okta’s url, for example:
- Enter your Okta credentials.
Note: CloudAlly does not store this information.
The CloudAlly main page displays.
Logging in Via Okta Dashboard
Alternatively, you can go to Okta user’s homepage and press the CloudAlly app: