Need to restore Salesforce reports, dashboards, or workflows? Recover Salesforce objects of your choice with a granular restore of all root metadata types available via the API. After the restore, you receive a detailed email report of the metadata recovery status.
It’s a two-step process:
- open a list of objects
- select one or more metadata types and click the Restore button
Opening the objects list
- Log in to your CloudAlly account and click Recovery.
- Click the Salesforce backup task you want to open.
- Click Continue to display a list of all backups.
- Use the drop-down menus to find a specific backup based on a date range. (optional)
- Locate the backup and click the Action icon to open the Object list.
Selecting a metadata type
The list displays data and metadata objects.
- Use the Search tool if you know the name of the metadata object you want to restore.
- To filter the list and limit the display to metadata types, click the Object Type drop-down menu and check the Metadata box. (optional)
- Check the box next to the metadata types to restore, click the Action button, and select Restore.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window
CloudAlly schedules the restoration.
- Scroll down to the log to check the status. It changes to Ready when the backup restoration completes