Let’s say an employee accidentally updates several Account objects, but you’re not sure how to recover them ASAP? The solution is CloudAlly’s Updated By ID option. You can recover items that a specific user updated.
The current version of the Updated by ID search field has three notes.
- It only scans the most recent update. Future releases will be able to scan points in time.
- It cannot search all Salesforce objects at one time. Instead, users need to run a separate search for each object they want to restore.
- The Updated by ID search field is currently only available for newly created Salesforce backup tasks.
Opening the Updated by ID search field
- Log in to CloudAlly and click Recovery on the menu.
- On the next screen, select the Salesforce backup task.
- Check the circle next to Via Item Search.
- Click the field under Table and select the object you want to restore.
- Enter the Salesforce User ID number.
- Check the box to limit the search to deleted objects. (optional)
- Click Continue. On the next screen, CloudAlly displays a list of records that match the search criteria.
Locate a Salesforce User ID number
To find a Salesforce User ID number, read: