This section details the process of creating new backup accounts for Dropbox.
Note: Dropbox limits the API calls used in CloudAlly’s restore process to 25,000 per month for many of their business plans. Once the limit is reached, no other items can be restored/uploaded to Dropbox until the following month. But you can still export and download backup data for recovery purposes, and then upload to Dropbox with the native application. Contact Dropbox directly if you have any questions about your API limits.
Perform the following procedure to create a backup account for Dropbox:
- Sign in to your CloudAlly account or click on the Backups menu item in the Navigation Panel if you are already signed in
- Click on + Add Backup Task on the Backups page
The Activate A New Backup page is displayed:
- Click on the Dropbox option. The Box Backup Task Settings screen appears:
- Fill-in the name of the backup task. This name is used in the notifications and reports, and it can be changed later.
- Click Authenticate in Dropbox button to begin the authorization process. You will be redirected to the Dropbox authorization page. An Admin account is required in order to back up all Dropbox user accounts.
- Enter your Dropbox Admin credentials in the Dropbox sign-in screen and click Sign In.
- You will be redirected to the Backup Task page, where you can adjust the settings of the backup.
On this page, you can adjust the backup settings and activate backups for the Dropbox users.