The Restore & Download option enables you to restore you're backed up data from CloudAlly’s archives. You can perform the following procedure to Restore & Download data from your Salesforce backups: 1. Click the Recovery element from the Navigation Panel. The Restore & Download page is displayed with all your active backup details.
2. Click the Salesforce backup task from which you wish to recover the data. The Restore or download Salesforce account page is displayed.
3. Select your preferred choice for restore by selecting the radio buttons adjacent to the required option. Available options are the following:
2. The list of backup snapshots for the selected account is displayed. Select the archive from which you want to restore the data.
- Via Snapshot
- Via Item Search
Restore or Download Via Snapshot1. Click the text fields adjacent to Data changed from and To fields to select the From and To dates from the calendar, if you have selected the Via Snapshot option.
- Click the checkbox of the snapshot you want restored. You can restore the entire snapshot by clicking the Restore button or download the backup data by clicking the Download button at the bottom of the page.
- Alternatively, you can click the button to drill-down into the snapshot and view item level structure of the backup data. There you can select one or more items for recovery.
Note: Select the checkbox adjacent to the required items to be restored or downloaded. You can drill-down search results and select individual items for recovery.
Restore or Download Via Item Search
1. Enter the search phrase to search for an item, in your Salesforce account. The search algorithm finds both full and partial matches in names of the backed-up items and in their contents, where applicable.
For advanced search options you can provide the following details in the drop-down form:
- Table: Enter a name of the table, from which the data has to be retrieved.
- Created By ID: Enter a term that matches with the part of the user’s ID.
- Date from: Enter the date from the initial backup, from which you want to download the data.
- Date to: Enter a date until which the data need be downloaded.
- Is Deleted: Select the check box adjacent to this field if you want to include deleted items in your search.
The Restore or download Salesforce from <account name> archive page is displayed. This page displays the search results with the details such as type, name, and last modified date. Select the checkbox adjacent to the required items to be restored or downloaded. When at least one item is selected the buttons Restore and Download become available.
Confirm the Restore or Download
If you click the Restore button, the restore confirmation dialog window appears
- Enter the account to which the data needs to be restored in the Restore to field.
Note: You can restore the data to a different Salesforce instance.2. Select the radio button adjacent to the instance, to which you want to restore the data to. Available options are Production and Sandbox.
3. Click the YES button. The selected backup data will be restored to the specified Salesforce instance. When the recovery process is complete the results summary will be sent to your email.
If you click the Download button, the download confirmation dialog window appears.
- Click the drop-down list and select the storage. Available options are the following: for Download, to your Amazon S3, to your Azure Blob, to your Box.com, to your Dropbox, to tour Amazon S3 Compatible, to your GCP Storage. If you select options other than “for download”, you may be asked for additional credentials and/or access tokens for the selected storage.
- The download instructions are sent to your registered email address. The download link is valid only for 72 hours. Exported data is available in a CSV format compatible with Salesforce’s Import Wizard and Data Loader.
Once the Restore/Download process has been initiated, you can view the current status in the Restore & Download Status section in the Restore page with the details such as Type, Source, Date, Status, and Action.
In the Action column, you can click on the icon to view the details in a popup window. You can also click the icon and click Yes in the Confirm Cancellation window to cancel the ongoing process.
Click to learn more about Salesforce Backup