CloudAlly gives you the flexibility to backup your Production or Sandbox Salesforce instance and a number of other backup preferences.
Selecting Your Backup Preferences
- Login to your Salesforce account.
- Click Setup at the top of the page.
- Under Administration Setup expand Manage Users then click Profiles.
- Click Edit for the appropriate Profile.
This set of options enable you to preset the backup options for the selected account.
- You can change the name of the Backup Task by clicking the button next to it.
- The indicator found in the top portion of the backup task page displays whether the CloudAlly application was able to connect to the specified Salesforce account. In case the authentication token granted for the CloudAlly application becomes invalid (e.g. it expires due to inactivity, if you put the backup task on pause for a long time), the green Connected indicator changes to the red Disconnected. In order to grant the application a new token you can click on the indicator to open the authentication dialog and repeat the authentication.
- Enter the daily Salesforce API usage limit in the Throughput field. The default value is 0.75 and the maximum value is 1.0, which corresponds to the fraction of the total daily API limit (75% and 100% respectively).
- In order to provide the granular search and restore functions, the data is unencrypted temporarily to build the search index. Once the index is built, both the data and the index are encrypted. By default, Index all data for search checkbox is checked and your archives will be indexed for use in the granular search and restore function. Uncheck the Index all data for search checkbox if you do not want indexing to occur. This will disable the granular search and restore function, but you can still browse backups via date.
Note: The CloudAlly application performs indexing process for all items except for attachments.
- The fields Backup Datacenter and Retention Period are “display only” and their values can’t be changed here.The Backup Datacenter field displays the Data Center location you have selected during your registration with CloudAlly.The Retention Period field displays whether a retention period has been set up. By default, we provide unlimited retention of your daily backups for as long as you maintain your account subscription. You can override this default and specify a retention period in days, months or years by submitting a support ticket. Backups older than the retention period specified will be automatically deletedIf you want to change these fields, please contact email@example.com.
- Every 3 Days