The Security settings page provides the means to update your password or set up two-factor authentication.
The bottom section allows you to enforce certain security policies for your users’ accounts. With the Enforce Two-Factor Authentication option you can make the two-factor authentication mandatory for all the users in your account. By setting the Password Expiration, you can enable the password expiration option for all your users – you will be also be asked for the number of days before the users’ passwords expire.
You can change your existing account password by performing the following procedure:
- From the Settings >> Security page
- Click the CHANGE PASSWORD button in the Personal Password Policies panel.
The Change password pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the current password in the Current Password
- Enter the new password in the New Password
- Reenter the new password in the Confirm New Password
- Click SAVE button to save the new password. You can now use this password to access your CloudAlly account.
Two-factor authentication provides additional security to your CloudAlly account and your backup data. Perform the following procedure to enable two-factor authentication:
- Click the ACTIVATE 2FA element from the Navigation Panel of the CloudAlly web application.
The Two-Factor Authentication page is displayed.
- Download an Authenticator app, depending on your platform (Android or iOS).
- Open the Authenticator app and add your CloudAlly account by scanning the QR code provided in the CloudAlly web application.
If you cannot use a QR code, then enter the text code provided in the CloudAlly web application.
A six-digit code is generated.
- Click the NEXT.
Enter the 6-digit code that the application generated.
- Click the ENABLE button to complete the process of activating the Two-factor authentication.
From now on, every time you sign in to your CloudAlly account, you are asked to enter a 6-digit code from your authentication app, after you click the SIGN IN button. Click the VERIFY button to verify the code and access the application.