The Security settings page provides the means to update your password or set up two-factor authentication.
The bottom section allows you to enforce certain security policies for your users’ accounts.
With the Enforce Two-Factor Authentication option, you can make the two-factor authentication mandatory for all the users in your account.
By setting the Password Expiration, you can enable the password expiration option for all your users – you will be also be asked for the number of days before the users’ passwords expire.
Changing your CloudAlly password
You can change your existing account password by performing the following procedure:
- Click the Settings >> Security element from the Navigation Panel of the CloudAlly web application.
- Click the CHANGE PASSWORD button in the Personal Password Policies panel. The Change password pop-up is displayed.
The Change password pop-up is displayed.
3. Enter the current password in the Current Password field.
4. Enter the new password in the New Password field.
5. Reenter the new password in the Confirm New Password field.
6. Click SAVE button to save the new password. You can now use this password to access your CloudAlly account.
Two-factor authentication provides additional security to your CloudAlly account and your backup data.
Perform the following procedure to enable two-factor authentication:
1. Click the Settings >> Security element from the Navigation Panel of the CloudAlly web application.
2. Click the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION element from the Navigation Panel of the CloudAlly web application.
The Two-Factor Authentication page is displayed.
3. Download the Google Authenticator app, depending on your platform (Android, iOS, and Blackberry).
4. Open Google Authenticator app and add your CloudAlly account by scanning the QR code provided in the CloudAlly web application.
If you cannot use a QR code, then enter the text code provided in the CloudAlly web application. A six-digit code is generated.
5. Click the Next button. Enter the 6-digit code that the application generated.
6. Click the Enable button to complete the process of activating the Two-factor authentication. From now on, every time you sign in to your CloudAlly account, you are asked to enter a 6-digit code from your authentication app, after you click the SIGN IN button. Click the VERIFY button to verify the code and access the application.